Thursday, April 8, 2010

So She Came and She Went...

So as some of you might know, Sayuri-chan, whose family hosted me whilst I was having the time of my life in Japan, took a huge chunk of her Spring break to claim herself a Youth Exchange Student and pay me a visit all the way down here!

(Well technically, she -wasn't- a YE but the title -could- be considerably considered because I went there to squat with her family and... She's returning the favour? :D

...

I THOUGHT THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK ANYWAY.)

I was super impressed by how this 16-year-old kid braved the things called 'airports' and 'gates' and 'airplane rides' alone...

I'd imagine she felt REALLY lonely though... Because boy. Did WE make a commotion at the receiving gate...

X,D

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking for now :)




And a lot more of our mini adventure here!

Just as she had shown me her world, I had shown her mine,
And learnt a whole lot more about it :)

This mini-holiday we took was a real eye-opener.
Home is where the heart is, and it's, unfortunately, gonna be stuck right here a looooong time.
Our culture is definitely something to be proud of; to treasure.
Not that I have taken it for granted before, I just realise it more than ever now :)
It's a part of me that I helplessly can't deny.

Proven true when I went to Japan.
The only type of food I ever had was, but of course, Japanese food.
Japanese, Japanese, Japanese.

You know lah, us: Once we get fed up of one type of food, we move on to the next.
But I was stuck with Japanese food. For 3 weeks straight.
I missed Indian banana leaf rice... Badly.
Not that I'm complaining that I had the -best- Japanese food yet.
My bowels were having the time of their lives. Toilet heaven come true...
(Aaah. Now I miss b-days.. )

Not only that, they're so... Honest.
They don't have any suspicions about you: doubts, fears... None.
They're so pure they'd make you want to cry out of guilt.
My mama kept reminding me that they were my family there... Always were, and always will be.

*sigh*

So this post is dedicated to you, kiddo!
You're one tough girl, and you've taught me great. You're family to us just as I am to your family. Don't forget us! Don't forget ME!! :D
Gonna miss you lah, kiddo :,(

Ja matta ne, Sayuri-chan?
Until we meet again :,)

0 comments: