Saturday, October 18, 2008

Here's to my Grandma.

Well, to get straight to the point...:
My grandmother just passed away.

It's been a really bumpy ride for her lately. What, with all those times she had stock herself with drugs for the multiple health issues she's been facing, and all that pain and suffering, yet again, in my family, another has to go.

Hey, let's face it. We're going to die eventually, one way or another.

It was expected too, this time. In fact, she herself was the one who kept telling us that she wasn't going to last to the end of the year.
And knowing my grandmother, she was always right. To the very end, to say the least.



I'm pretty much going to miss her very, very much.



She raised me for years before my parents took me to become a Puchongite.
Being a retired headmistress, she taught me to what normal kids my age back then would normally be taught:
Eating, reading, writing. Only on a much higher scale of discipline.

I remember she would make such a fuss when I chewed loudly, or when she she orders me to go to the kitchen to make sure I get my daily intake of 2 litres of water. Which I never liked. And always cheated my way out of it.

I remember when she takes the time to sit down with me to finish my homework, or teach me my prayers before I went to sleep and when I wake up.

My grandma was another of those nature lovers. I'd heard that when my mom was younger, she'd take in stray dogs out of pity, and the dogs we have now are generations from that. She used sit outside in her garden (and for those of you who have sent me there before, you guys know how much of a jungle it really is) with her infamous gloves and prune, dig, and whatever else that had to do with gardening. She used to watch tapes and tapes (and as modernization would have it, CDs and CDs) of animals and plants.
Being a curious child as I was, I sat down with her and watched. Maybe those habits of hers just so happened to rub off on me and I too, became a nature lover.



There is just so much to say about Grandma.
I'm going to hate this funeral the most.
So here's to my grandma.
The role model, a very much blessed mother, adorned grandmother and beloved wife.




Rest in peace, Grandma.

0 comments: