Monday, April 20, 2009

The Blind Leading the Blind.

None so blind as those that will not see.
Matthew (Matthew) Henry



A truly eye opening experience.
(Well, not in a LITERAL sense doh.)
Despite it being my second year doing this, the agonizingly 3km long walk was more fun-filled than usual (plus a few surprises! :D)

I arrived at the Civics Hall bright and early to find many menghitam-ed faces to greet me.
Or browned. Or redened. Roasted? lol
A good laugh to start a good day :)
There wasn't as much feeling of competition as I thought that would be, mostly because the Assuntarians had a 'Que Sera Sera' attitude going on since we figured Taman Sea would win with their huge numbers.
(Well, maybe not everyone. But I certainly did.)

Yeah, a competition this time around (thanks to Lions being inspired by Taman Sea's display last year), there were banners to be done and posters to be made. But I was really busy preparing for Sports Day, I couldn't do anything to contribute ):
I only demanded the balloons. XD

Thanks to Pei San, Xui Hui, Sharvani and Kah Yan who made it all happen! :,D


The Ingenius product of my incoming funding directors!
Now you see why they deserve the titles??



I just can't get over how CUTE this is!! XD
"Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1?" "I think I am, B2." "It's EYE AWARENESS TIME!"
Bwahaha.



I was stunned by the amount of posters that popped out of nowhere.
You guys seriously did a great job distributing work. X,D

My partner this time around was the ever so modest Daarshy! :D
The strangest thing is that when I'm blindfolded, I always get the feeling that I'm about to walk into a tiang.
But I trust you, Daarsh!
We trusted each other so much, I even sprinted blind. See??
Except the part where she didn't tell me there was a ledge in front of me... *cough*
I feel guilty for not being as much of a guider as her so yeah.
Sorry, Daarsh! X,D

We screamed ourselves silly with the Leo songs, our school cheers and even our school song when we passed by our school. Haha, the embarrassment man!

Oh, but the weirdest part was when a Lion came by (in all seriousness) and started separating us.
Until now, I still don't know what his motive was.
To make us feel how lost and fearful one gets as the blind?
Either way, it was pretty weird...

All said and done, the walk finally ended.
The lucky draw was another long, painful wait.
Only 2 Assuntarians got lucky:

Our dearest Penguin Wen Yuin with her Coffee Maker!
And little Miss President Ber-nice with her Free Dental Appointment!
Congrats you two! :D

Then it was time to announce the winners of the competition...
And we only got FIRST PLACE!
It was totally unexpected which, as quoted, made it all the sweeter.
Better yet, we're appearing in today's China Press!
Guess nothing compares to Assuntarian spirit! ;D

Potong stim though, that they had to do it in the middle of the lucky draw.
Some people just don't know how to leave others to wallow in their victory, do they?
Oh well. At least we won. :)


Our cutesy Pressie with the ginormous trophy


The people who made it happen!


A bunch of us savouring the win >D


Celebrated at Lotus with the PJIs.
(though both groups were stubborn to not budge until we decided to move to them. Hmph!)
Thanks a ton again, Syahira, for the belanja! D,:

See?
Community service is supposed to be fun this way.
:)

0 comments: